Spacious 5/6 bedroom chalet, central village situation with spectacular views. From £1,100 per week.
Chalet Etoile Polaire is a luxurious Swiss chalet, recently built and furnished, offering exceptionally spacious (193 m2) de-luxe accommodation for families and groups of friends travelling together.
Centrally located in snow-sure Les Collons at an altitude of 1800 metres, the chalet benefits from a quiet position, yet the shops, bars and restaurants are all on the doorstep and it's just a 2/3 minute walk to the main chairlift and the pistes. Access is easy due to the chalet's position, quietly situated just off the main street which is cleared of snow on a daily basis.
The chalet is arranged over 3 floors. There is a lower ground floor with 2 double bedrooms, bathroom and laundry room. The open-plan living area on the ground floor incorporates a well equipped kitchen with breakfast bar, dining area and sitting room with comfy leather sofas, covered log fire and a high vaulted ceiling. In addition there is another bathroom, shower, bath and sauna and a separate ski boot/storage room. A wide wrap-round terrace takes full advantage of the sunshine and enjoys glorious, uninterrupted views across the Herens Valley to the mighty Matterhorn.
The first floor has 2 further twin bedrooms, one with bunk beds and a lofty mezzannine which can be used as a fifth bedroom. There is parking for 2 cars in a garage behind the chalet. A short flight of steps leads down to the sun terrace and front door and the surrounding garden is laid out on a slope with wild flowers and natural vegetation.
"Amazing - from initial enquiry to post holiday contact, Tina was brilliant! She was able to answer my numerous questions and proved extremely amenable when we changed our booking. The chalet was clean, well equipped and in a great positoon for the Trabanta chairlift. The skiing was perfect for everyone. Some of the youngsters and the not so young enjoyed the black runs, whilst the rest of us loved the wide blue and red runs which were well-groomed and quiet! We never had to queue for a chairlift, gondola or draglift! I would 100% recommend this chalet, the ski area and the service we got".
NB Mar '15
Approximately 2 hours drive from Geneva Airport, Les Collons is part of the extensive 4 Valley ski domain, including Verbier. It is a skiers\' and snowboarders\' paradise accessing over 400 kms pistes and 99 lifts with assured snow cover from December to April.
With a sophisticated lift system, fewer queues and Verbier just a couple of hours' ski away, there is fantastic skiing for all abilities. The more advanced will relish the challenges of Etherolla and the moguls and limitless off-piste around the Mont Fort glacier, intermediates will enjoy the long, cruising runs including the famous World Cup, Piste de l'Ours and beginners will gain confidence on the wide, open slopes right above the village. The snow board park at Thyon is considered the best in the region.
Other winter activities include cross country (2 trails), winter walks, heli-skiing, huskey dog sleigh rides, tobogganing, paragliding, snow shoeing, ice skating etc.
* Flat-screen, satellite TV (English channels + Sky) + bedroom TV
* DVD/VTR/CD players with selection DVDs, CD\'s and videos
* Free Hi Speed WIFI Internet
* Board games and books
* Underfloor heating
* Ski/board/boot room
* Ample storage space in large entrance hall
* Fully fitted kitchen with granite work surfaces, ceramic hob and oven, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, coffee machine, 2 fondues sets, slow cooker, sandwhich maker
* Laundry room with large washing machine and tumble drier, airing facilities, iron and ironing board
* Sauna with adjoining shower and bath
* 3 bathrooms + shower room (2 hairdriers supplied)
* Wide sun terrace with panoramic views and south/east/west aspect, equipped with patio furniture, sun loungers, parasols and summer barbecue
* Garage parking for 2 vehicles (free of charge)
* 2 cots, 2 high chairs and stair gates for babies/young children
Final cleaning included in the price. Additional charge for large groups
Supply of bed linen and towels by arrangement.
Additional charges: payable locally
* Tourist Tax :- 2.20 CHF per adult per day; 1.10 CHF per child (6-16 years) per day.
No smoking; no pets unless by arrangement.
Owner Website : Visit Now (Opens in new Window)
Owner Telephone : 00 44 1789 488327
Owner Mobile : 00 44 7768 590718
Please quote ref. FMA29445 when corresponding with the owner.