NEW FOR 2017/18:
The chalet has a sauna!
Chalet 'Skyfall' is where '007' would stay with its breathtaking views of the Bernese Alps. Perched high above the Rhone valley at 1500m in the village of La Tzoumaz, the chalet provides access to 400km of skiing in Verbier's '4 Vallées' ski area - it's big! Some of the best off-piste skiing in Europe.
La Tzoumaz makes a great alternative resort to the now burgeoning and expensive Verbier.
NEW FOR 2017/18:
The chalet has a sauna!
Virtual 3D Tour? send us a message and we'll send you a link!
You can almost hear the turbo-charge of a DB5 growling up the mountain roads to the breath-taking views of the Bernese Alps from the chalet.
Chalet Skyfall is tucked away at 1500m in the tranquil Swiss village of La Tzoumaz which has some of the best pistes and off-piste in the region and access to the full 400km of skiing in Verbier's "Quatre Vallees" and many wonderful mountain restaurants. La Tzoumaz's north facing slopes hold the snow extremely well and much less crowded than the major resort of Verbier.
In the summer the area assumes a completely new splendour abounding with mountain activities all within easy reach: mountain biking, trottinettes, riding, paragliding, walking, hiking, golf, tennis, swimming
As its name would suggest, Chalet Skyfall has been furnished to a luxuriously high standard to accomodate up to 12 people.
- Five bedrooms with luxury mattresses and bedding (four king beds and one bunk room with full-sized single beds)
- Cable TV and DVD's in all bedrooms
- An elegant and spacious sitting room with adjacent dining area - bespoke dining table can seat 12 adults
- A well-equipped kitchen that would satisfy the most exacting chef
- Log fire in the sitting room and stunning views
- 4.5 luxurious bathrooms and a sauna
Chalet Skyfall is a fantastic way to have a luxurious family holiday in a spacious chalet but with easy daytime access to all the benefits of the famed resort of Verbier. Ski instructors/guides from Verbier will meet you on the Tzoumaz side of the mountain and Nannies from Verbier will come over to look after your children in your chalet in Tzoumaz at no extra charge.
The nightlife of Verbier is perfectly accessible for the occasional big night out, if you are prepared to use taxis to get back.
EATING - Chalet Skyfall is well equipped for even the most exacting chef. There is a bespoke dining table that can seat 12 adults. There is a good medium-sized supermarket in the village plus several large supermarkets 20 minutes drive from the chalet. There are a handful of decent restaurants in the village including a pizza bar that does take-aways. During the day there are several fabulous restaurants on the mountain. At night, Verbier is perfectly accessible for the occasional big dinner out, if you are prepared to use taxis to get back or drive. Our neighbours have 2 new studio chalets immediately below us should you wish to rent one for your own chef.
SLEEPING - King-sized leather sleigh beds, luxurious mattresses and toppers combine with the total peace and mountain air to ensure a fabulous night's sleep. Should you wish to bring a Nanny, Chef, other staff or extra family members, our neighbours have 2 new studio chalets immediately below us that are each suitable for 1 or 2 persons.
LIVING - There is cable TV in the sitting room and in all of the bedrooms. A large collection of DVDs, books and games are kept at the chalet. The large leather sofas and chairs seat 12 comfortably and sheepkins line the wood floors. There is a large TV in the bunk room where the younger guests can watch cable TV & DVDs. There is a mezzanine office area with 2 work spaces and a printer. The outdoor terrace provides further seating and lounging options - swathed in reindeer skins!
ADVENTURE - Winter sports of skiing, ski-touring, snowshoeing and easily accessible. Paragliding and Dog sledding is available in Verbier. There are several excellent ski schools in the area. The Tzoumaz Ski School is really superb with children and runs a fun 5 day programme which has proved a roaring success with all the younger guests we have had. Verbier has several excellent schools and instructors/guides will meet you on the Tzoumaz side. The off-piste is Verbier is exceptional and challenging so we really would recommend a ski-guide. The ski area is vast with a wide variety of pistes to suit any ability plus a whole range of restaurants from charming cabins, modern cafeterias and stunning gourmet food in luxury mountain retreats - the common theme being stunning views and the very warm Swiss hospitality.
SUMMER SPORTS: Cycling, mountain biking, trottinettes (!), riding, paragliding, walking, hiking, rock climbing, golf and tennis, In the summer you can drive up to the top of the Tzoumaz mountain and over into Verbier easily or use the cable car system.
WINTER SPORTS: Skiing and snowboarding, free ride, ski touring, snow shoeing, one of the longest toboggan runs in the region, snow park & fun slope and all with direct access to the whole '4 - Vallées Ski area.
Comfort, design and a touch of old fashioned class - everything James Bond and his girls would expect! A modern take on a traditional alpine chalet. The piece de resistance, an absolutely stunning view!
The 4-Vallés Ski area is huge and has and endless amount of winter activities for the everyone of all ages.
Check out the Verbier website
Check out the La Tzoumaz website
Suitable for children (2-12 years)
Suitable for infants (under 2 years)
No parties or events
1. This is our alpine home and we want you to share in all the fun and comfort it brings but we would respectfully ask you to treat it as your own home.
2. There is a strict no-smoking policy which includes the terrace. Smoking and wood don't go together and we have fitted anti smoking alarms.
3. If you have young children in your party, we would very much
appreciate if you can set some boundaries to avoid accidental
4. The chalet is suitable for small children but of course under close supervision on stairs, the mezzanine floor, the balcony/deck area and steep slope of the garden where children could fall. Sensible child supervision is required at all times.
5. Guests are required to pay Tourist Tax (Tax de Sejour) to the Commune for each night spent in the resort - this is local regulation. The current rate is CHF 2.5 per night for an adult and 50% reduction for children. The news is not all bad! When you have paid the Tourist Tax you obtain a discount card to use during your stay e.g 10% off ski-hire. We (or the resort agent) will complete the form for you and when you pay the tax at the Tourist Office you will receive the discount card.
6. Please read the section in the House Manual about key collection.
7. IMPORTANT WINTER: Please read the section in the House Manual on the driveway in winter and requirement for snow chains.