Ferme Blanche is a charming ski chalet on the La Plagne side of Paradiski. In an unspoilt mountain hamlet below the resort of Plagne Montalbert, the farmhouse is in an idyllic alpine location yet close to the ski lifts too. It's available catered or self-catered, with flexible start dates and length of stay. Airport transfers are usually included for catered guests outside peak periods (conditions apply, see our website).
The chalet has 3 large ensuite bedrooms, and two additional rooms that we can make available depending on your group size (supplement may be charged). There's a large comfy sitting room with log stove and a separate dining room. Outside, there's a sunny terrace with stunning mountain views and an enclosed garden ideal for dogs. There's also an outdoor sauna and firepit new for winter 17/18 (supplement).
Recently renovated using eco-friendly and recycled materials, the chalet has lots of rustic alpine charm, including flagstone floors, original timbers, and stone walls nearly a metre thick in places.
The sleeping accommodation comprises:
- Twin / double room (king size bed 180x200cm or 2x 90x200cm), tongue-and-groove panelling, window seat, wood floors and ensuite shower room
- Family room (queen size bed 160x200cm or 2x 80x200cm + bunks) with ensuite shower room, wood floors and balcony
- Double/twin room (queen size bed 160x200cm or 2x 80x200cm), ensuite shower room, juliette balcony, free standing bath
- Optional extra rooms (supplement possible):
- small cabin room with pull-down double wall bed (140x200cm), WC and sink across the hall (note, when the bed is down it nearly fills the room, so it's only suitable for children, or adults that don't mind being very tight on space)
- room with large double bed or twin, shower room across hall
Please note, the chalet staff have a self-contained studio with separate entrance on the ground floor of the building.
Our food philosophy is very much about cooking with a conscience. The majority of meals are made from scratch and use good quality, ethically sourced ingredients where possible, including: organic or local red meat; free range chicken and eggs; and local cheeses. Our standard catered service is a healthy, largely plant-based menu, with local dairy and free range eggs too. Sole occupancy groups can upgrade to the meat menu for 70€pp on top of the standard catered price. We're happy to adapt our menus for people with special dietary requirements, including gluten-free and vegan. See our website for more info about our eco-friendly ethos.
The farmhouse sits on the top edge of Montvilliers, a tiny unspoilt hamlet tucked away on the mountainside under Montalbert (one of the La Plagne ski resort villages). It's a quick 5 minute drive to the lifts (chalet shuttle service included for catered guests, extra charge for self-catered guests). You can also ski back off-piste along a wide forest track if conditions and your ability allow.
The chalet has WIFI internet, a DVD player and TV (for watching DVDs, no signal), and stereo. There's also a sun terrace with mountain views and an enclosed garden ideal for dogs. New for winter 2017/18, fire pit and outdoor sauna (supplement if required).
As Ferme Blanche is a peaceful mountain retreat, we don't accept children aged under 12 on a shared occupancy catered basis. Children under 12 are welcome in sole occupancy catered and self-catered groups.