The Penthouse has a stylish alpine chalet feel with vaulted beamed ceilings, lots of reclaimed wood and designer touches. The open plan living area has huge feature windows and a big balcony with panoramic mountain views; designer kitchen and bar; sitting area with sofas and french doors into the garden at the rear; and a cosy dining area with log stove. Outside there's an enclosed garden with lovely views, and an eco-friendly wood fired hot tub.
The 4 spacious bedrooms (three with mezzanines and most with balconies) have 13 proper beds, and there is also room for an additional bed in one room. The rooms all have designer ensuites with heated towel rails and hair dryers.
Room 1 (Alpage): sleeps 4, queen-sized bed, sitting area, two large balconies with valley and river views, a mezzanine with twin beds, WC, shower and a gorgeous free-standing roll top bath with lovely views
Room 2 (Bateau): sleeps 3, double with single bunk bed overhead, ensuite bathroom in the mezzanine (low ceiling at one end)
Room 3 (Rose): sleeps 2, queen-sized double bed, large balcony and windows with views over village and garden, ensuite shower room
Room 4 (Abri): sleeps 4, large bunk beds (90x200cm), ensuite bathroom shower over, Austrian-twin/double in the mezzanine, sitting area with large French windows and balcony overlooking the village. Space for an extra single bed.
The Penthouse is in Landry (800m), technically part of the ski resort area of Peisey Vallandry on the Les Arcs side of Paradiski. This is one of the best kept secrets in the Alps. A bit like Sainte Foy (but with more runs and better facilities), it's a wonderful yet little-known resort that combines world class high altitude skiing with a charming cluster of old farming villages - some of them connected to the slopes by lifts, others, like Landry, by the resort shuttle bus service (bus stop 150m from the chalet). There's also a shuttle to the Arc 1600 funicular in Bourg St Maurice, or you can pay extra for our private chalet shuttle service to Montchavin les Coches on the La Plagne side of Paradiski (free for catered guests).
- 4 ensuite bedrooms (2 with beds in mezzanine), most with balconies
- Free WIFI, large flat screen TV (no TV reception) and a library of books, games and DVDs
- Eco-friendly wood fired hot tub (400€ supplement)
- Shared heated boot room, and laundry / drying room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Quaint village location close to the ski slopes (village shuttle bus to Peisey Vallandry's lifts or Arc 1600 funicular in Bourg St Maurice, and chalet shuttle to Montchavin's cable car)
- Short walk to village bar and restaurant
- Optional catered service using high quality ingredients including organic or local red meat, free range chicken and eggs, local cheese and regional bottled wines
- Spacious living room with log stove
- Enclosed garden (dogs welcome, see below)
- Cross country skiing 1km, snow shoe walks from the door
- Great for ski safaris, under 1 hour to the Three Valleys, Sainte Foy, Tignes Val d'Isere and La Rosiere
We can also provide airport transfers and a resort shuttle service for an extra charge.
DOG FRIENDLY SKI CHALET
We welcome dogs in the Penthouse. There are lots of good walks for dogs accessible straight from the chalet, including a beautiful riverside path that's groomed in winter. There are also forest tracks for snow shoe adventures together, or you can go up the bubble lift and take a walk along the waymarked cross country ski trails before having lunch in a cosy mountain restaurant.
We can provide route suggestions and maps if required. If you want to spend the day skiing and leave your dog in the chalet, we can arrange a dog walker too. The garden is enclosed, and we can provide dog beds and bowls. We just ask that you keep them off the beds and furniture. It's £10 per dog, per night.
The chalet is built into the hillside and reached by a long flight of log steps cut into the hill at the side of the main house. As a result, it is not very suitable for very young children or people with reduced mobility.