12 bedroom Chalet with ski-in / ski-out, jacuzzi / hot tub, and log fire
Situated on La Clusaz’s main piste, Chalet Panoramic boasts the most prestigious location. With breath taking views of the Aravis mountain range and the entire village the whole family is able to ski to and from the chalet door to no less than five ski lifts; beginners button lift, two cable cars and two chair lifts which place you directly onto any of the numerous superb slopes. this is a true ski in ski out chalet
Ski directly to the chalet door, take your boots off and leave them in our ‘heated boot room’ ready for the morning and make your way to the lounge for afternoon tea…stunning cakes…fresh bread and jams…
Step out onto the deck, hang up your robe and step into that gorgeous hot water. The traditional wood built tub feels great as you rest your head against it, smell the tinge of burnt pine wood air and just relax as the crispness of the evening comes in and the piste empties as the last few skiers return home and the mountains slowly turn pink…the aches and pains just fade away….and enjoy a cool drink.
We are continuously working on the chalet each summer to offer maximum comfort and style, with 20+ beds in lovely en-suite rooms. All chalet bedrooms are equipped with luxurious feather duvets, 100% Egyptian white cotton bed-linen, L’Occitane luxury products, hair dryers in each bathroom, ‘huge’ white towels, bathrobes and outstanding views over the village and pistes. Walk in showers and ‘deep’ tubs are a welcome sight at the end of the day.
Chalet Panoramic is everyday china and elbows on the table. It’s earthy, not fussy, easy, not painstaking...our cooking is no nonsense soul satisfying cuisine !! A balance of contemporary international dishes and traditional Haute Savoie cuisine regularly perfume the chalet!
Whether it’s the smells of a traditional hearty breakfast to kick start your morning motor, the aromas of a freshly baked ‘Tunisian almond and orange cake’ being baked for afternoon tea, a ‘Parma-ham and cheese puff’ fresh out of the oven and served at the bar with your early evening apero or one of the starters, mains or desserts being prepared for your evening meal, we are always creating new ways to ‘drive your taste buds crazy!’
A huge part of the day at Panoramic is “afternoon tea” – deep carrot, farmhouse apple, flapjacks, fabulous cup cakes, millionaires shortbread… just to name a few!
Our philosophy and approach to food and cooking is quite simple; we believe that great dishes can not happen unless you have good quality fresh ingredients, we absolutely insist on this staple basis in our approach to cooking.
About La Clusaz
La Clusaz village is situated at 1100m/3608ft, however the skiing extends at its highest point to 2600m/8530ft at the top of La Balme. La Clusaz has invested vast amounts of money in snowmaking machines (103 snow canons) which cover all of the lower slopes in and around the village.
Most of the slopes face North/North East, allowing skiing until May. Skiing, snowboarding, cross-country, sledging and many, many more activities are all catered for in La Clusaz.
The slopes are extensive and suitable for all levels of skiers and snowboarders, with 54 lifts and 130km of piste consisting of 7 black runs, 24 red runs, 30 blue runs, 23 green runs and off piste galore. It is possible to complete a tour of all the massifs in a day, stopping for lunch in one of the many cosy, renowned mountain restaurants.
Top tips for your ski holiday in La Clusaz:
- Inexpensive, chic ski resort less than 1 hour from Geneva Airport & 30 mins. from Annecy
- 220km of skiing in the Aravis Ski Region
- Relatively unknown to the English but known throughout the world and 5th most popular ski resort in France
- Combines top level skiing with the charm of a storybook village centred around the church
- No large lift queues, tree-lined skiing therefore no high winds…skiing until May!
- Extraordinarily pretty village, quintessentially French only 5 minutes walk from the chalet or a quick schuss!
- More than 200 shops, 10 bars and 2 nightclubs (open till 5am)
- Renowned, rustic mountain restaurants offer great quality food that is reasonably priced compared to other busier resorts
- The views across the Mont Blanc range and beyond are as breathtaking as any in the Alps!
- No major tour operators here so the resort is genuine, non-commercial and un-touristy
- Heated indoor/outdoor swimming pool & an Ice-Skating Rink…floodlit at night
- Local French market on Monday mornings
- Night ski every Thursday on the piste beside the chalet
- Regular torch-light descents and firework displays on the slopes beside the chalet
- Weekly welcome by the tourist office with complimentary vin-chaud, hot chocolate and entertainment
- Snowpark designed by La Clusaz’s own World Freestyle Champion
Ski-in / Ski-out, Jacuzzi / Hot Tub, Log fire, Wi-Fi, Childcare available, Airport Transfers available, Heated Boot Room, Satellite / Cable TV, DVD, Parking Available