Chalet Verdet was built as a luxury private chalet with no expense spared in its construction to create a contemporary home with alpine influences. The chalet was brand new for winter 2016/17 and everything you could possibly require for a luxurious stay in the mountains. The chalet is decorated in a modern palette of greys, creams, taupes and metallics with flashes of colour in the soft furnishings and curtains.
The living area has a large Italian designed corner sofa adorned with faux fur and plaid cushions and woolen throws. It is complemented with beautiful cow hide armchairs and lots of lamps and object d’art. Sitting above the lounge from the double height vaulted ceiling is an impressive chandelier casting a beautiful sparkling light into the room when the sun goes down. It has an inviting three sided glass fireplace that acts as a centrepiece across the first floor as it can be enjoyed from the living, dining and kitchen areas. The living area also boasts a flat screen wall mounted TV which is equipped with British satellite TV and DVD player, together with a selection of DVDs and surrounded with a unit housing lots of books and games for you to enjoy during your stay.
The dining area sits around the corner from the living area with great picture windows looking across the village rooftops and out to the mountains beyond. Sumptuous heavy curtains in charcoal are draped around the windows to give an opulent and cosy dining experience. Dining is an elegant but informal affair with candlelight and table linen in the evenings, beautiful bone china crockery and Villeroy & Boch glassware.
The chalet benefits from a well equipped kitchen where your chalet chef will prepare your breakfast and evening meals.
The living area opens out onto the large private sun terrace with spectacular views across the valley. There is rattan seating, and under cover areas so you can enjoy some fresh air whatever the weather. On the terrace you will also find a large hot tub where you can relax and unwind with a glass of something cold after a day on the slopes.
On the ground floor, in addition to the boot room where you will find seating, ski storage and heated boot warmers,is also a beautiful wellness area with sauna and lounger seating to relax on. It’s also a great space to have a massage after an action packed day on the mountain.
On the second floor there is a cosy snug area with a corner sofa and caramel coloured cashmere curtains. This area is equipped with a TV, DVD player and WiiU console along with children’s DVDs, books and board games – a great area for kids (young and old) to hang out. It also has blackout blinds so you can enjoy a great film even if it’s still sunny outside. Here you will find the sofa bed which is suitable for 2 children.
There are 5 en-suite bedrooms each with their own style and feel, but all including Egyptian cotton linens, sumptuous towels and amazingly comfortable beds.
Situated just above the village of St Martin de Belleville, making it less than a two minute chauffeur driven journey from the centre of St Martin de Belleville and the ski slopes.
Our catered chalet service offers:
- A dedicated staff team of chef, host and driver
- Luxury accommodation in a twin or double room
- Breakfast and afternoon tea on 7 days
- 5 course dinner on 6 nights (your chalet chef and host have one night off)
- A carefully selected choice of premium wines
- Champagne reception on first evening
- Complimentary bar (wine, sparkling wine, spirits, beers, soft drinks and mixers)
- Egyptian cotton linen, towels, bathrobes, slippers and The White Company toiletries.
- Mid week towel change.
- Daily on-demand chauffeur service between the chalet and the main lift/village
- Cleaning on each day of your stay
- British Satellite TV and DVD player (with DVD library)
- WiiU console (with kids DVDs and games library)
- Sonos music system in the main living area
- A selection of board games and current English magazines
Discounts and Supplements:
- Children under 2 years are charged at £100, provided they sleep in the same room as their parents. Children aged 2 – 12 are subject to a discount of £75 on the adult price. For holiday pricing purposes only, an adult is deemed to be a person aged 13 years or over on the date of arrival at the chalet.
- Empty bed supplements are charged at the adult price less £100.
- Extra Beds: Each of the rooms can usually accommodate 2 people (in either a double or twin beds), but it can be possible to add extra beds to some of the rooms. Adults or children in extra beds are charged at half the adult price. No child discounts apply where children are in extra beds. Please call us in advance of booking to confirm whether extra beds can be arranged.
The holiday prices listed above do NOT include:
- The costs of outbound or return travel and/or transfers
- Lift pass, equipment hire and ski/snowboard lessons
- Evening meal on chalet hosts’ day off
- 2% handing fee if payment for your holiday is by credit card or 3% handling fee if payment for your holiday is by American Express
- Childcare (an in-house nanny service is available upon request at an extra cost)
No smoking in the chalet
No out-door shoes to be worn inside the chalet