Ferme St Christophe is a luxurious and spacious renovated farmhouse chalet with impressive facilities and surrounded by the mountains, sleeping 15 in 8 ensuite bedrooms in a peaceful location close to the pretty resort of Samoëns in the Grand Massif.
There are eight delightful, spacious bedrooms, all with superb ensuite bathrooms. All rooms have views of the mountains and four rooms have south-facing balconies to enjoy the afternoon sunshine. The beds feature fine linen and luxurious hypoallergenic mattresses made by award-winning Harrison Spinks. Seven of the bedrooms can be configured as Super King size doubles or Twins and there is one standard King size double room.
All bathrooms feature baths with the exception of one of the standard Kings which has a large shower room. Features for your ultimate comfort:
Underfloor heating | Heated towel radiators | Cole and Lewis bath products | Heated mirrors | Cotton waffle bathrobes | Fluffy towels | Hairdryers | Silent air extraction | An endless and quick supply of hot water.
There is a huge kitchen and a light and airy dining room with two huge oak tables, its own fireplace and a south facing view.
The sitting room features a large open fireplace, incredible views, an extensive library and favourite board games and puzzles, including backgammon, chess, cards and scrabble. There’s also a large flat screen TV magically appearing at the touch of a button with DVD player and a Bose Sound Touch bluetooth speaker.
Should you need to be in touch with the office or want a quiet room to relax and read a book, there’s a separate study area. There are maps and guidebooks for your use also. There is Wi-Fi throughout the chalet.
Ferme St Christophe is set in some 3200m2 of grounds with its’ own orchard, ideal for soaking up the afternoon sunshine and providing an area for children to play. There’s a Swedish sauna seating 16 people in a Mazot (traditional outhouse) with a separate shower and WC and views of the mountains. There is also a traditional hot tub seating up to eight people, also with fantastic views of the mountains.
Separate to the chalet and Mazot is The Barn, an excellent second entertaining space on two floors with comfy sofas, fireplace and a plasma TV on the upper floor and a huge double height beamed ceiling and views of the Criou mountain. The lower floor is ideal for a peaceful yoga session or work out with its’ own shower and WC.
The chalet has many eco-friendly features, such as carbon neutral heating and hot water.
The chalet is located in a peaceful location in the historic hamlet of Vallon d’en Bas, minutes from the idyllic resort of Samoëns in the Grand Massif (265km of pistes).
Overview of the chalet:
• An historic farmhouse luxuriously renovated to an extremely high standard.
• 8 spacious bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, four with balconies
• Fine linen and luxurious hypoallergenic mattresses made by award-winning Harrison Spinks.
• Large farmhouse kitchen and dining room, comfortable sitting room with open fire, extensive library, games and puzzles and an additional study area for working/reading.
• Additional Barn renovated to a high standard as an additional entertaining/movie area on the double height top floor looking over to the Le Criou mountain and work out/yoga area on the bottom floor.
• Wine cellar, ideal if you have your favourite wines you wish to pre-order and have delivered in advance of your stay.
• Large Swedish sauna in traditional Mazot and outdoor Hot Tub.
• Open fireplaces in the sitting room, wood burners in the dining room and barn, TV’s & DVD’s, Bose Sound Touch speaker. Superfast WIFI throughout the Chalet
• Carbon neutral heating and hot water.
• Natural stone floors keep the chalet cool in summer and underfloor heating keeps it toasty in the winter.
We offer fully catered luxury winter ski holidays and self-catered summer activity holidays, perfect for families and groups, skiers and non-skiers alike, bikers, hikers and yoga retreats. Our aim is to ensure you have the most memorable holiday.
Booking: There is a deposit of 30% to secure the chalet with the final balance due 8 weeks prior to departure. Only one payment is accepted for the deposit and one payment for the balance by bank transfer, credit or debit card. Your booking will be confirmed by email upon receipt of payment. We will be in touch to book lift passes, equipment and lessons and to discuss any special requests you have.
Covid: For your peace of mind in this period of continued uncertainty, we offer a Covid related travel restriction refund and amendment policy on all accommodation bookings
Bookings are for sole use of the chalet only. The chalet sleeps 15 and this is the maximum permitted number of guests. Bookings are from Sunday to Sunday. Mid-week changes of guests will be subject to additional charges, please enquire when booking. No additional discounts are applicable to sole occupancy prices including child discounts. For smaller groups, empty rooms will not be made up but can be made available on request. Cots and highchairs are provided for babies under 2.