“Lazy Labrador is a true alpine hideaway that encapsulates the spirit of adventure – rustic yet very comfortable – you might expect James Bond to relax here after a day on the slopes…”
The Lazy Labrador is a unique Samoens rental property – complete with outdoor ‘mazot’ cabin, this charming 18 Century farmhouse has recently been renovated, while retaining all the rustic beauty of a traditional savoyard farmhouse. The property is located in a historic hamlet in Les Chosalets (between Chantemerle & La Rosiere), just a 10 minute drive from the heart of Samoens and the ‘Grand Massif Express’ (GME) ski lift.
This comfortable home is provides accommodation for 6 – 9 guests in 4 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms.
The living space features a Norwegian ‘Jotul’ stove and is a snug spot for board games. Choose records from the vast music collection and enjoy atmospheric evenings with friends and family. The kitchen retains a beautiful original stone floor and is equipped with modern cooking equipment – the perfect setting for a post-ski fondue or tartiflette.
There are 4 entirely unique bedrooms, including a master ensuite with adjoining wet room, its walls lined in Travertine stone. There are 2 further bedrooms within the house and a traditional ‘mazot’ across the road from the house, providing a romantic sleepy hideaway for couples or teenagers wanting to escape ‘family time’!
The Lazy Labrador can comfortably sleep 6 – 9 people with the use of the traditional outdoor cabin
If you are holidaying with another family, we also represent Chalet Coeur – a short walk up the road – that sleeps 10 – 13. Our guests occasionally rent both properties to host larger groups of friends and family!
The Lazy Labrador is conveniently located only 6.5kms (10 minute drive) from the Samoens village centre and the high speed ‘GME’ lift connecting you to the Grand Massif domain, which boasts some of the best skiing in the world.
Suitable for all levels, there is over 275km of piste to explore and plenty of off-piste for more advanced skiers. Simply step outside the door and you’ll be on a fantastic snow-shoeing/Nordic skiing route.
In the summer, this house is a hub for adventure sports such as hiking, mountain biking, climbing and paragliding.
- Master Bedroom: Master bedroom with ensuite. There is room for a travel cot or extra camp bed (provided).
- Bedroom 2: Triple bedroom with one double bed on a raised platform and 1 single bed below
- Bedroom 3: Comfortable single room or child double with pull-out bed
- Outdoor Cabin: Separated from the house, this is a true romantic getaway. This bedroom is cosy and warm in winter with heating and electricity but is basic with no water or bathroom.
- Living Room: No TV but an extensive record collection, boardgames and free, unlimited WI-FI. Also plenty of room to sit and read by the fire, a powerful nordic woodburner
- Porch: Our morning and evening dining area which also has a comfortable swing bed and a fabulous view of the mountains
- Kitchen/Dining Room: includes a big new electric/gas combination oven, dishwasher and all mod cons
- Main Family Bathroom: Bath with thermostatic controller, a further shower enclosure, large sink and loo.
- Utility Room: Contains cleaning products, washing machine, dryer and hanging space for laundry.
- Large Stone Terrace (access may be restricted in the winter months due to snow coverage)
- Outside: Nature is on your doorstep!
- The Lazy Labrador is a self-catered stay but we can put you in touch with the best local catering options for your stay.
- There are no formal parking spaces, but plenty of room for 3 cars. For bookings between November – April, we recommend that you have a 4×4 or at the very least, snow chains in your car. The road is ploughed 2 – 3 times daily but it is always a good idea to arrive prepared for heavy snow conditions. It is legal requirement in the French Alps to come equipped with snow chains that specifically fit you vehicle
– There is NO television – However there are games and an extensive record collection for your enjoyment.
– Due to the mountain location, it is also possible that the wi-fi internet is at times slower depending on weather and time of year.
– It is not always possible to have telephone signal at the chalet but you may use the wi-fi to use skype, WhatsApp or FaceTime for calls.