As we head towards the middle of the season, we look at at what makes late season skiing in the Three Valleys so special.
- The lifts start opening for longer from February, which of means more time up the mountain!
- The Courchevel Valley has a North-facing aspect which, in combination with the high altitude ensures that the snow conditions stay great and means that the resort can stay open until late: 24th April this year (2016).
- The snowpack generally continues to freeze overnight which means that the amazing piste maintenance team can groom the slopes back to corduroy ready for the opening of the lifts and the race to get the first run of the day!
- With a little forward planning, you can follow the sun around during the day: as the sun starts to soften the pistes, you can enjoy really getting onto those edges and practising your carving technique. Feel that exhilaration from skiing those wide, flattering slopes that makes the Three Valleys so famous!
- The Spring sunshine also means lingering longer over a cool beer or vin chaud on the terrace of a mountain restaurant, overlooking the stunning scenery of the mountains as the sun lowers in the sky.
Ski Magic still have places left for this season in their catered chalets in La Tania. View chalets >